MMIA runs on volunteers in all areas of our organization. Where can you help?
Start by filling out our NEW online volunteer form HERE!
CURRENT NEEDS (as of 08/23/17):
The following programs need a consistent volunteer to head and maintain them, as well as the ongoing need for volunteers to assist the head volunteer during “busy season”.
- Warehouse Coordinator. This volunteer will organize and inventory assets and materials. Includes receiving donation drop offs and possible workshop opportunities. Requires ability to bend, lift, and cary heavy objects. Forklift experience not required but a bonus!
- Furniture Pick-up and Delivery. Be a part of the team that collects and distributes furniture to formerly homeless veterans currently living in empty homes. A very rewarding position!! Requires ability to bend, lift, cary, climb stairs, and be physical for 2-3 hours at a time, 2-3 times per week. Think of it as a free gym membership with good karma.
- ADOPT A PROJECT!! Do you have construction experience? Volunteer to be the project manager for one of our home modification projects! OR Another option is for a group to financially adopt a project so we can hire a project manager. Call Mendy at the office if this is something you’d like further details on.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Events. Help set up and staff booths for public outreach, such as the Freedom Balloon Festival, Bikefest, gun shows, and community fairs. We are there to pass out materials, answer questions about MMIA, and usually have a raffle.
- Office Staffing: Can you commit yourself to four hours per week or once or twice a month? We would like our office to be staffed during regular business hours, in four-hour segments: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lend specific experiences and talents to any of a number of committees and teams (website, promotional materials, Facebook page, bookkeeping/finance, auditing, grant writing, golf tournaments).
- Enlist and coordinate your business, community or church group in activities which help in the construction process, raise funds and raise public awareness.
- Help organize fundraising events which can be done by individuals or groups: Bake sale, lemonade or hot chocolate stand, collect change, car wash, auctioning of items, themed dinners/lunches/breakfasts, 5k, community yard sale, etc .
- Companies and individuals donate a variety of items to Military Missions In Action from money to bathtubs to golf clubs to furniture. Some of it we use, some of it we donate to veterans, and some of it we sell and use the money for our organization’s work. We could use people who are willing to pick up/transport these items.
- Whether or not you have a construction skill, help is always needed whether we build a wheelchair ramp or completely remodel a home. Sometimes just being responsible for getting workers lunch or helping with light physical activities are ways you can help. Each project requires both skilled and unskilled volunteers.
Fill out our NEW volunteer form HERE!